Preamble
Unlike most of the recipes I put up here, this one is retained in its original form, hence the "K's" possessive up there (K being my first ever 'official' flat mate, an utterly lovely lass who introduced me to the exciting world of avocado - among other things). Simple and delicious, has served me faithfully - also, has been served faithfully with near every bag of nachos :P
The only warning: it is an all-or-nothing situation, meaning either all your friends-and-relations partake, or you risk being excommunicated for garlic breath.
Ingredients
- 2 avocados, (ripe, needless to say, though a near-miracle to pull off)
- 2 large table spoons sour cream (for vegan, substitute e.g. with oat cream spread or equivalent of sour cream, in the UK Oatly cream spread)
- half a lime (lemon will do for a dime ;))
- clove crushed garlic (you can try to find a small one, but unless you find some garlic for ants, you will still have garlic breath)
- finely chopped tomatoes if you feel fancy / can be bothered (1 normal, or 6 cherry ones)
- salt & pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper (recipe calls for a 'pinch' but I won't police your capsaicin receptors if they want to go for a wild ride)
- half a tea spoon sweet paprika
- (optionally a wee bit of smoked paprika)
Instructions
Maybe see point 4 first, just in case...
- Cut & peel the avocado (and most likely curse how under-/over-ripe it yet/already is), chop roughly & then crush with a fork to desired consistency (I hear some folk like their dips chunky, which I consider silly, why risk chunks of the dip falling willy nilly over your bosom when you can have a silky smooth guac but whatevs)
- add squeezed lime / lemon juice, crushed garlic & sour cream
- (optionally add the tomatoes but I chop them really fine, see the point about chunkiness above)
- season to taste
- (if you over-did it with cayenne pepper, correct with extra sour cream / pray to your deity of choice..?)
- I suppose if you have a wee / hand food processor or something you could've avoided crushing / chopping; if you hadn't checked out this point first as advised though it's your own fault. There :P
Comments
Post a Comment